Top Tips For Taekwondo In The New Year
Posted: December 28, 2016
With the new year fast approaching, Taekwondo can provide a good basis as a philosophy for life. Taekwondo, as with other types of martial arts, requires that an individual develop a focus and discipline that can be applied to almost all other areas of life in order to maximize the chances of success. The following tips can help with almost any life situation, not just when engaging in the sport of Taekwondo.
1. Make The Correct Choice: 1. Life is full of choices. Each step of each journey faced in life is filled with choices. The first step of that journey involves the process of making decisions. Using those decisions, an individual should choose the route that will enable them to reach their goals.
2. Banish Negativity: Negative thoughts only serve to bring more negativity. Instead focus on the positive. Even in the face of adversity, find the positive in it and then build upon that aspect of the situation. Keep that positive aspect of the situation always in mind.
3. Divide and Conquer: When setting goals, divide them into manageable categories. This helps thoughts, as well as the goals themselves, to stay organized and streamlined. Feelings of being overwhelmed are reduced when categories such as family, work, health and the like, are used as an organizational tool.
4. Exude Determination: Once each goal has a category, further break each goal down into manageable steps. Rather than a large and looming goal that can seem overwhelming to achieve, these small steps enable an individual to reach smaller goals along the way. Small rewards at the completion of each goal help keep the motivation going.
5. Become A Dedicated Person: Keep the long-term goal in mind. Expect that roadblocks and obstacles will appear but do not allow those to reduce your dedication to your eventual goal. Tackle these obstacles using positive thinking and chip away at them in order to remove them.
6. Stay Disciplined: Focus on the path to your long-term goal. Persevere even when things get tough. Find other people with a similar background or interest to help with self-discipline. Reach out and form a supportive group of people who share goals and attitudes.
7. Strive For Balance: Use time each day to work on the balance in life. Try to remain balanced spiritually, emotionally and physically. Research new ways of doing so in order to help ensure success. Do a mental check every few days in order to ensure the balance is maintained.
8. Persevere: Regardless of how hard reaching a goal is, persevere. If the process to obtain that goal is not working, try another way. Ask for help from mentors or other support people in reaching that goal. Is there another avenue that can be used so that goal can be accomplished?
Applying these top eight tips to the pursuit of Taekwondo, and life itself will give an individual a firm foundation from which they are able to reach their goals. This will make the person stronger and more successful.